The countdown to Black Friday 2017 is on. There’s no need to panic yet, but the best time to start preparing for the upcoming holiday shopping season is NOW.
Gift cards are perennially the most requested holiday gift item. That means getting your gift card program in top shape is definitely a priority. Consider these facts:
- Over $100 billion is spent annually gift cards
- A majority of gift card recipients spend an average of 38 percent MORE than the face value of the card. That means a customer coming into your location and using a $25 gift card, will spend, on average, $34.50.
- Card users are less price sensitive. Consumers are 2.5 times as likely to pay full price for an item when using a gift card.
How can you best leverage your gift card and rewards program to boost your holiday sales? Here are a few tips.
- Display your cards in top traffic areas, including check out, hostess stands or customer service desks.
- Include a gift card reminder on sales receipts.
- Add an incentive to gift card purchases, such as an extra $10 card or a small gift.
- Host a prize drawing for all shoppers who purchase a gift card.
- Donate preloaded cards to a local charity, school festival or other community event.
- Post gift card reminder messages throughout your website.
- Train and incentivize your staff to sell gift cards, including messaging on name tags, buttons or hats.
There are a lot of gift card programs out there. How does OMEGA’s program stand out in the crowded marketplace? For one thing, OMEGA’s cards also act as a customer loyalty/rewards card. Enroll users in your loyalty program to strengthen ties with the customer.
In addition, we offer professionally designed and customized accessories, such as envelopes, card holders, display stands and signage. And, our program comes with a free mobile app, so you never miss the opportunity for a gift card sale or redemption.
Ready to get your planning started for the holiday selling season? Contact OMEGA’s Customer Service department at 866.888.9724 Ext. 7 for an account analysis and program demonstration.