September 19, 2018
Mobile payments are one of the fastest growing sectors in the fintech industry, with more and more businesses realizing the benefits of getting on board. It not only brings convenience to your customers, but it benefits your bottom line.
The Ease of Purchasing
You’ve heard it before: convenience is key. The importance on convenience in payment processing is paramount and is why going mobile is great for your business. Think of Amazon’s One-Click-Ordering. The easier and more convenient it is for consumers to spend money, the more they’ll want to buy. This difference is well-documented when it comes to paying with card as opposed to cash. In fact, studies found that consumers spent 12-18% more when they paid with card than with cash. This trend is only further exaggerated with mobile payments because it makes spending money easier.
Imagine a customer walking into your business with a $10 bill in their pocket. If the option for credit card or mobile pay isn’t available, they can only spend up to $10. But when alternative payment options are available, customers have the flexibility to purchase and get MORE of what they want.
The time are changing when it comes to how people want to pay for things. The convenience of having banking and payment option on your cell phone are leading more and more people to leave their bulky wallets behind and leave their home with only their phone in hand. With mobile payments, simple tap of a phone or swipe in an app and customers can make their purchase with ease and be out the door.
Simply put, the more streamlined the process of paying becomes, the greater availability customers have in purchasing what they want. Mobile payments are the current high-standard for ease of ordering. The more mobile-friendly your business, the easier it is for customers to buy and therefore increasing your average sales.
Want to learn more about mobile payments? Contact us today at 866.888.9724 Ext. 7
September 18, 2018
It may be 80+ degrees outside right now, but trust us, winter is coming. And with the cold weather comes Thanksgiving, Saint Nicholas Day, Hanukkah, Christmas, etc. Stores already have holiday decorations out and we can all agree that Christmas comes earlier and earlier each year.
Are you ready for it? If not, don’t worry there’s still time! One thing you can do today is get enrolled in a gift card program. Gift cards are perennially the most requested holiday gift item. That means getting your gift card program set up and ready to go should be a priority! Still not convinced, check out these statistics:
- Over $100 billion is spent annually on gift cards
- A majority of gift card recipients spend an average of 38 percent MORE than the face value of the card. That means a customer coming into your location and using a $25 gift card, will spend, on average, $34.50.
- Card users are less price sensitive. Consumers are 2.5 times as likely to pay full price for an item when using a gift card.
Wondering how you can best leverage your gift card program to boost your holiday sales? Here are a few tips:
- Display your cards in top traffic areas, including check out, hostess stands or customer service desks.
- Include a gift card reminder on sales receipts.
- Add an incentive to gift card purchases, such as an extra $10 card or a small gift.
- Host a prize drawing for all shoppers who purchase a gift card.
- Donate preloaded cards to a local charity, school festival or other community event.
- Post gift card reminder messages throughout your website.
- Train and incentivize your staff to sell gift cards, including messaging on name tags, buttons or hats.
There are a lot of gift card programs out there. How does OMEGA’s program stand out in the crowded marketplace? For one thing, our cards double as a customer loyalty/rewards card. You can enroll users into your loyalty program to strengthen ties with the customer.
We also offer professionally designed and customized accessories, such as envelops, card holders, display stands and signage. Our program also comes with a free mobile app, so you never miss the opportunity for a gift card sale or redemption.
Ready to get your planning started for the holiday selling season? Contact OMEGA’s Customer Service department at 866.888.9724 Ext. 7 for an account analysis and program demonstration.
August 22, 2018
“Sales are up 100%!” For business owners, there isn’t a much better phrase you could hear. Did you know that when retailers switch from paper certificates to a custom gift card program they generally see a 50-100% increase in revenue? Be sure to set up your business for success, today!
School is just beginning, and parents are planning for this year’s classes. Next time you assume gift cards are just something ‘nice to have’, be sure to remind yourself of a few facts:
- 65% of gift card holders spend an extra 38% beyond the value of the card.
- The total volume of gift cards is projected to reach $160 billion by the end of this year!
- Having a gift card that doubles as a customer rewards card is proven to increase customer retention.
While the majority of back-to-school shopping dollars will be spent on clothing, supplies and electronics, merchants of all types can find marketing opportunities to take advantage of the increased spending season. Consider these ideas:
- Students return to college campuses, armed with gift cards to their favorite restaurants, stores and local activities. Consider a gift card incentive promotion, allowing students to turn their gift cards into loyalty cards and accumulate points to their favorite spots.
- Teachers and parents alike would like to give and take time to visit salons, health clubs, specialty retailers and others. Consider partnering with PTOs to host fundraising nights. A percentage of sales on that particular day could be donated to a shared local organization.
OMEGA Processing offers a secure, reloadable, customized Gift & Loyalty Programs providing a valuable, low cost method that allows businesses to increase profits, attract new customers and build loyalty from current customers. The gift cards also double as customer rewards cards. Register the customers into the loyalty program when they redeem the card and keep them coming back!
Remember, when you set your business up with gift and loyalty programs, you are not only boosting your bottom line, but you’re strengthening your relationship with that customer and every other customer that comes through the door.
Contact OMEGA’s Customer Service department at 866.888.9724 for an account analysis and program demonstration.
August 15, 2018
The Poynt smart terminal from OMEGA Processing Solutions lets you accept payments anywhere, with the security and convenience you expect.
- Separate screens for the merchant and customer — no separate pinpad or rotating the terminal on the countertop
- Complete wireless payment solution
- EMV and mobile-pay ready
- Extended battery life
- Built-in receipt printer and scanner
- Inventory management and reporting
- Customized product/item catalog
- 24/7 support
- Next-day funding available
- American Express OptBlue
- Gift card and customer loyalty programs
Plus, all of our terminal products are backed by the security and convenience of OMEGA Processing Solutions.
- A+ BBB rated processor
- NO contract or early termination fees
- Flexible terminal payment plans
- Locally based Account Executive
June 11, 2018
OMEGA Processing Solutions is proud to offer merchants a new payment gateway option with PayTrace. A payment gateway providing comprehensive, easy-to-use payment processing solutions, PayTrace’s products and features include:
- Point of Sale: Simple payment processing that allows you to accept payments with or without a card.
- Mail and Phone (MOTO): Card-not-present processing with secure customer storage vault, B2B interchange savings and other features.
- E-commerce: Secure website integration and card processing with B2B interchange savings and developer-friendly APIs.
- Mobile PayTrace GO: 2-in-1 mobile solution allows swiped and keyed sales transactions with full virtual terminal functionality
- Cash Advance: Web-based cash advance systems for financial institutions, eliminating the need for expensive, countertop terminals.
PayTrace has four product offerings – Basic, Pro, Pro with EMV and Cash Advance. PayTrace’s biggest marketplace advantage is the ease and lower cost of Level II and Level III qualifications for B2B and B2G merchants. NOTE: The Basic product does not include Level III data.
Merchant Training and Support
PayTrace has a considerable library of demonstration videos available for training and support. In addition, the company has developed a PayTrace blog as a resource. Call OMEGA Processing Solutions at 866.888.9724 Ext. 7 for more information and a product demonstration.
April 6, 2018
At OMEGA, our business philosophy is to understand the roles of a credit card processing partner and what it means to a financial institution. As your partner, you are entrusting your bank’s customers to us — and you need to know that we are going to meet their needs.
Here are the four essential key components to the OMEGA Processing Solutions Financial Institution Partner Program.
1. Enhanced bottom line through augmentation of fee income and increasing the number of customers and the number of services within the same relationship.
2. Minimized risk. OMEGA takes on all risks and liabilities associated with the merchant services program, including chargebacks, security, fraud and compliance.
3. Care for the customer — is forgotten by most and taken for granted! Our goal is to become a true trusted partner of the bank and a one-stop shop for merchants. We do not have merchant contracts nor early termination fee, so inherently customer service is the backbone of our success.
4. Custom-designed marketing programs that provide options which are best suited for producing results and matching the sales culture of the bank.
February 6, 2018
If it’s time to get the tools you need to take your business to the next level, OMEGA Processing has the point-of-sale system solutions you need. OMEGA offers tablet-based, wireless, peer-to-peer Paradise POS point-of-sale system solutions for both retail and restaurant establishments.
Built upon the latest technology our lightning-fast POS systems provide labor and inventory management tools to support your business. Our iOS-based Systems are secure and customizable. Check out the short video for a brief overview of our Paradise POS options.