2015 marked the ninth straight year that gift cards were the most requested holiday gift item. Are you missing out on those sales opportunities by not having an established gift card and customer loyalty program? With UNDER 100 days until Black Friday, NOW Is the time to start preparing for the upcoming holiday shopping season.
Consider just a few stats:
- Over $100 billion (with a B) is spent annually on gift cards
- 65% of gift card recipients spend an average of 38% MORE than the face value of the card
- Retailers who switch from paper certificates to a custom gift card program typically see a 50-100% increase in sales of prepaid items.
Here are a few targeted tips to help maximize your gift card sales this year:
- Pair your display with creative wrapping, such as a holiday-themed box or envelope
- Add an incentive to increase initial gift card purchase amounts — buy a $50 card and get an extra $10
- Distribute or donate cards throughout the community with small amounts loaded on to them — sprinkle them like fairy dust!
- Partner with a local corporation to offer gift cards as an employee incentive
- Support a local charity with a percentage of gift card sales this season.
Plus, with OMEGA Processing’s gift and loyalty program, you can order professionally designed custom cards and accessories, such as envelopes, display stands, card holders and window clings. And, OMEGA’s gift cards double as customer rewards cards. Register customers into your loyalty program when they redeem the gift card, and keep them coming back to your business.
OMEGA Processing’s easy-to-use gift card and rewards program can help make your holiday selling season brighter. Contact our Customer Service team at 866.888.9724 Ext. 7 for more information on getting your program up and rolling BEFORE the holiday crunch begins.